Data Engineer - Ghent
We’re seeking an exceptional professional to join our fast-growing team in Ghent. You will be working with the same tools Google was built on. This also includes sometimes pre-alpha tools that we as a Premier Google Partner have private access to. You will be transforming the way companies work by building solutions on Google Cloud.
As a data engineer you will work for a client with whom we have a good partnership. There will be close alignment and your work will have a direct impact on the business. You will get the opportunity to work with a lot of interesting tooling and use a wide range of stack. This all will be in close collaboration with your awesome team of ML6 agents.
Within your team you will:
- Efficiently translate customer business needs into end-to-end technical solutions by deliverables.
- Conceptualize design and implement software and cloud architecture to secure the performance of the clients’ systems.
- Use Python to deploy production ready applications on Google Cloud.
- Deploy APIs on Kubernetes with microservices.
- Write ETL jobs, data enrichment & data flow.
- Work closely with your ML6 team (technical lead, software engineer, ML engineer, Project manager) and the clients team (solution architect, scrum master, product owner, front end developer).
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- OOP programming
- Knowledge of design patterns and data structures, data warehousing
- Git (Version control)
- Being able to work autonomous and take ownership
- Consulting mindset & customer facing
Preferred experience with:
- Cloud (preferred Google Cloud)
- Elastic Search
- Containers (Docker)
- CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- TDD (Test Driven Development)